Our Vision and Values
Three Rivers District Council’s vision is that the district should be a better place for everyone, their neighbourhoods, health, employment and access to services.
To underpin what we want to achieve in the next three years we want to ensure that the Council:
- Addresses the shortage of housing for those needing temporary accommodation and those who have not the means to pay market rates;
- Concentrates on aiding the most vulnerable people in our district;
- Promotes sustainable ways of delivering services, reducing the Eco-footprint of the district,
- Creates diverse and harmonious communities that enable people to live in harmony with each other and with their environment;
- Supports the local economy to create good quality jobs and prosperity
- Increases its income through sound investment in order to provide the services the local community wants;
- Maintains public land and assets in the ownership of the public sector.
- Provides excellent customer care whilst providing great services as efficiently as possible;
The aims and priorities for the Council are outlined below, and we shall work with public, private and voluntary services to achieve them.
1) Better neighbourhoods – we want to:
- Maintain high quality neighbourhoods;
- Reduce the eco-footprint of the district;
- Create access to good quality jobs and employment
- Support businesses and the local economy.
2) Healthier Communities – we want to:
- Develop and improve access to good quality housing;
- Create prosperity for all and access to opportunities;
- To support the most vulnerable people in the District;
- Provide a healthy and safe environment;
- Reduce health inequalities, promote healthy lifestyles, support learning and community organisations.
For more information you can view our Strategic Plan 2019-22